CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 18, 2008

JUST BREATHE

I don't know if anyone else is feeling the impending pressure that September brings. It was like a blanket over me today. This intense feeling that it's coming and I'm not ready. I talked to my friend today about panic, why we freak out about things..... like September.

My friend described when he had taken scuba diving lessons. One of the main things they learn is how not to panic. I believe it is called self rescue. Here is what I took from our conversation. When you feel panic, do these things.

1. Stop all activity - don't swim or try to fix things...just stop to conserve energy

2. Hold on to something solid - so you don't get swept away

3. Breathe - releasing the carbon dioxide actually helps you not to panic

So today I want to take a minute from the overwhelming list of tasks and just stop a moment, grab a hold of what I know is solid in my life, and breathe. Breathe out the poison in my mind that tells me I can't get everything done. Hold on to God who gave me these tasks for such a time as this, and stop long enough to feel His peace wash over me.

STOP - HOLD ON - BREATHE

5 comments:

Jenni Clayville said...

didn't Jos give you a bracelet to remind you of this very thing?

Jenni Clayville said...

and would you turn off your word verification. it's killing me!

Anonymous said...

Indeed I did... :)

Jill... you'll be a-okay :)

Melinda said...

I can relate. Not specifically about September, but about feeling overwhelmed. I try to grab what I know to be steady, but I feel like I am in the epicenter and everything is constantly shaking and shifting. Things start to settle and then there is an after-shock, and then another . . .

Janet Fraser said...

great post Jill, thanks